As a member of Exeter University Climbing Club you will receive many benefits including being a part of the wonderful climbing community around the world:
- Discounted entry price at the Quay Climbing Centre of £4.00 (usually £8.00) at all Off-Peak times (before 4:00pm on weekdays) as well as during our club sessions (Wednesday 4pm-7pm & Friday 7pm-10pm)
- Discounted price and transport to The Barn Climbing Centre of £3.50 (usually £7.00) on Monday evenings.
- Discounted price and transport to The Hangar of £7.50 (usually £9.50) on Monday evenings.
- Free coaching into climbing by one of our trained Committee members, teaching you all the necessary skills to start top-rope climbing completely independently and without supervision. As well as the opportunity to learn how to lead climb once you’re more advanced.
- Free kit hire at Club Sessions. We will give you all kit you need in order to climb indoors including a harness, shoes and a belay device. We will also provide all the necessary kit to climb outdoors on our trips, so you don’t need to buy anything.
- Free Yoga Sessions every Wednesday at the Quay from 7-8pm
- Access to outdoor trips (weather dependant) with the club at subsidised rates (all kit included) as well as being able to come on our famous annual week long bouldering trip to Fontainebleau in France.
- Great variety of weekly socials including our infamous Climb the Mountain night!
- Discount at Taunton Leisure in Exeter: 20% for climbing gear as well as bigger discounts at lock-ins.
- Free BMC Membership (typically £40+ per year) and it’s associated benefits, including:
You can join the Climbing Club at any time during the year, the easiest way is to buy membership via FIXR which you can do HERE. Alternatively you can pay in cash, come along to the Quay during one of our club sessions! The best place to get more information is our Facebook group, where we post about club sessions, gear discounts, trips, training, socials and more! If you’re not sold on it yet, feel free to come along to a free 30 minute taster session, just sign up via our Facebook group!
Cost: £70 New members and £60 for Returning Members for all 3 terms.
As the majority of this membership fee is spent on a variety of other annual fees (e.g. BMC membership, Quay price subsidising), there is not a significant discount for those joining us in just 2nd or 3rd terms, however speak to a committee member and we’ll see what we can work out.